Scoil na Croise Naofa, Mahon is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working Primary School Secretary who is competent and experienced in Office Administration.
This position is for 25 hours a week approx. (Exact hours to be confirmed by Dept of Education before commencement). The position will be subject to the terms of Circular 36/2022 revision of Salaries and Annual leave arrangements for School Secretaries (see below).
The successful candidate will have:
1. Excellent organisational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
2. Administrative skills to support the management of school finances, correspondence, communications
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive.
4. Ability to plan and work on one’s own initiative along with the ability to work in a
team environment with the Principal and other school staff.
5. A high level of Confidentiality and Discretion is expected.
The successful candidate will undertake duties and have responsibilities pertaining to the role as decided by the Principal and/or the Board of Management which include but are not limited to:
– Acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the school.
– Managing school communications: phone, email, Aladdin (School Database
Platform), Department of Education Databases – The Online Claims System (OLCS) and Primary Online Database (POD), SchoolAccounting.ie, Postage / Banking etc.
– Updating, managing and storing school records in compliance with GDPR.
– General school administration and office management.
– Procurement of resources for identified areas of the school.
– Assisting with the organisation of school events and activities.
This appointment is subject to the following: Garda vetting; completion of MedMark medical clearance; provision of referee contact details; and the successful candidate will be required to undertake TUSLA child protection training. Position is subject to 6 months probationary period.
Please consult the circular below for rates of pay for school secretaries. The entry level for this role is on 1st point of the scale unless the candidate has previous work experience as a school secretary as per terms and conditions of the government circular.
CVs (including names and phone numbers of referees) along with a letter of application should be submitted by email only in PDF format, please to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted before 2pm on Thursday, 1st December 2022. Interviews will be held in December 2022, with an expected commencement date for the successful candidate of 5th January 2023.